- Contribute to the Anaheim Appeal. We need to raise $80,000 for our presence at General Convention. We're up to $14,000!
- Apply to volunteer during General Convention. We're looking for 30 full-time volunteers. Part-time volunteers are also needed. The deadline is Saturday, February 28th!
- Talk to your bishops and deputies about General Convention. Initiate a dialog with them about the issues and report what you learn to Jan Adams. Have you started a dialog with YOUR bishops and deputies?
- Read and report known General Convention resolutions. Many LGBT resolutions are already on the agenda.
- Learn to be more effective inclusion activist! Attend a "Faith-Based Community Organizing" workshop near you.
- Show the "Love Makes A Family" exhibit in your parish or diocese. This photo essay is a great resource for changing hearts and minds.
General Convention Preparations In High Gear
With only 4 months left until General Convention, a host of staff, consultants, officers, and volunteers are preparing for our witness in Anaheim.
Jan Adams, Katie Sherrod, Cynthia Black, and Louise Brooks are producing a video intended to persuade bishops and deputies to move the Episcopal Church beyond B033 and forward on marriage equality.
Louise Brooks and Susan Russell are shooting another video regarding the Anaheim Appeal. We will soon be encouraging all chapters, networks, circles, and partners to use this video as the basis for small, local fundraising events.
Jan Adams is developing Episcopal Life ads. The March ad--focusing on marriage equality--will soon land in mailboxes. The April ad is being developed in partnership with TransEpiscopal and will focus on transgender issues.
Jan is also organizing a series of presentations for bishop and deputies regarding LGBT concerns that will be held as part of, or alongside, provincial synods this spring.
Michael Bell is managing a plethora of logistical issues. He convened a kick-off conference call yesterday for team leaders. During the next 2 weeks team leaders will select team members from a large pool of highly qualified volunteers.
Asheville Citizen-Times, NC
Clergy members oppose ban on same-sex marriage
Daily Free Press, Boston University
Gender, sexuality perception has roots in religious history
Episcopal News Service
Advocacy group looks to General Convention