Monday, October 25, 2010

Call to Action: Pass on this blessing for those who are being bullied

A Blessing For Those Who Are Being Bullied


If you are a GLBT boy or girl, man or woman, who is being bullied, then this blessing is for you. Carry it with you. Keep it near you at all times. Let it shield you from all harm. Let it be a light through any darkness as you find your path to the dignity and respect you deserve as a child of God.

My Name Is ______________________.
What ever others may try to call me, My Name Is ______________________.
God knows me by My Name because God gave me life.God calls me by My Name because God has a purpose for my life.God remembers My Name because God loves me just as I am.
Therefore I will not be afraid. I will not be intimidated. I will not be denied my dignity. I will not harm myself.
I will not be called by any other name than My Name.
My Name is _______________________.
And I am beautiful and precious in the eyes of the Lord.


This blessing was written by the Rt. Rev. Steven Charleston, a Bishop of the Episcopal Church. Print this out on a card and hand out to any LGBT youth who may someday find themselves at risk.

2 comments:

Rev. Rod Reinhart said...

This is an absolutely wonderful blessing... and an effective spiritual tool for any person of any age who is being bullied, abused, and emotionally or physically attacked. Bishop Charlewton has done an excellent job of offering a strong, creative and confident way for a Christian, or for anybody, to respond to the
cruel attacks we can all face in this world.

Rev. Rod Reinhart said...

This is an absolutely wonderful blessing... and an effective spiritual tool for any person of any age who is being bullied, abused, and emotionally or physically attacked. Bishop Charlewton has done an excellent job of offering a strong, creative and confident way for a Christian, or for anybody, to respond to the
cruel attacks we can all face in this world.