An Update on Bishop Christopher
Integrity USA welcomes Bishop Christopher Senyonjo back to the United States to raise support and funds for his work at St. Paul's Center for Reconciliation and Equality in Kampala, Uganda. He will visit San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New Orleans, Atlanta, New York, and Washington, DC.
“Integrity USA has had a long history of support for our allies in Uganda," said Integrity Executive Director Max Niedzwiecki. “Bishop Senyonjo has taken a brave public stand against laws to criminalize homosexuality, and the support he gives to people regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity, are truly life-saving. He gives witness to Christ’s commandment to put love before all else.
“Integrity USA and our donors have been the major source of financial support for Bishop Christopher’s work and now he hopes to broaden that base. The Bishop will seek funding from a wide variety of organizations that have broad human rights missions. Integrity USA will help with those connections whenever we can. We look forward to a long and productive relationship with a man who has become a hero to us all."
"I am so grateful for the support and donations I have received from Integrity USA over the years," said Bishop Christopher. "Your generosity has made it possible for me to develop internal systems to directly receive larger grants from government and private organizations. I am looking forward to developing new relationships throughout the US, while continuing to work with Integrity, the Episcopal Church and the wider Anglican Communion for our mutual goal of the full inclusion of all the baptized."
Bishop Christopher will meet with representatives of several foundations, the United Nations, the U.S. Department of State and other federal agencies, and several large nongovernmental organizations that promote human rights. He will also preach at a number of churches.
To learn more and follow the Bishop’s schedule, visit his Facebook page.
Here is an archive of articles on Bishop Chritopher, his work, his mission and his journey from our blog, Walking With Integrity.
• Uganda: Court issues an interim order restraining the “Rolling Stone” http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/11/uganda-court-issues-interim-order.html
• Bishop Christopher, under threat, returns to the USA
• A note from Kampala
• Bishop Christopher responds to California bill http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/08/bishop-christopher-responds-to.html
• California Legislature supports Bishop Christopher http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/08/california-legislature-supports-bishop.html
• A summer of reflection: Secular leader hails Bishop Christopher http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/08/summer-of-reflection-secular-leader.html
• A summer of reflection: Bishop Christopher’s visit to SF http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/08/summer-of-reflection-bishop.html
• Summer pilgrimage part two: Bishop Christopher’s groundbreaking tour of the US continues http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/07/summer-pilgrimage-part-two-bishop.html
• A summer pilgrimage: Reflections on Bishop Christopher’s groundbreaking visit http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/07/summer-pilgrimage-part-two-bishop.html
• Integrity responds to erroneous story from Uganda http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/07/integrity-responds-to-erroneous-story.html
• A summer pilgrimage http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/07/summer-pilgrimage.html
• Bishop Christopher in NYC http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/06/bishop-christopher-in-nyc.html
• Bishop Christopher at St. Luke in the Fields, New York http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/06/bishop-christopher-at-st-luke-in-fields.html
• The global fight for LGBT rights: A conversation between Bishop Gene Robinson of New Hampshire and Bishop Christopher Senyonjo of Uganda http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/06/global-fight-for-lgbt-rights.html
• Bishop Senyonjo to visit White House http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/06/bishop-senyonjo-to-visit-white-house.html
• Bishop Christopher visits LGBT center in San Francisco http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/05/bishop-christopher-visits-lgbt-center.html
• ENS reports on Integrity’s Bishop Christopher tour http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/05/ens-reports-on-integritys-bishop.html
• Integrity sponsored tour with Bishop Christopher Senyonjo continues in San Diego http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/05/integrity-sponsored-tour-with-bishop.html
• First leg of Bishop Christopher Senyonjo’s speaking tour a big success http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/05/first-leg-of-bishop-christopher.html
• Integrity USA sponsors Ugandan bishop’s tour to USA http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/05/integrity-usa-sponsors-ugandan-bishops.html
• Urgent call to action: Join the campaign to stop exporting homophobia http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/04/urgent-call-to-action-join-campaign-to.html
• Integrity USA to bring Bishop Christopher Senyonjo of Uganda to US and Ireland for six-week speaking tour on homophobia http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/04/integrity-usa-to-being-bishop.html
• Time Magazine: Being Gay in Uganda: One Couple’s Story http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/03/time-magazine-being-gay-in-uganda-one.html
• Our obligation to LGBT Ugandans http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/02/our-obligation-to-lgbt-ugandans.html
• Bishop Christopher reports from Uganda http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/02/bishop-christopher-reports-from-uganda.html
• Uganda LGBT Valentine’s Day Conference report http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/02/uganda-lgbt-valentines-day-conference.html
• Archbishop Luke Orombi of Uganda’s first comments on anti-homosexuality bill http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/02/archbishop-luke-orombi-of-ugandas-first.html
• To Integrity members from the Rev. Canon Albert Ogle http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/02/to-integrity-members-from-rev-canon.html
• Church of Uganda recommends amending anti-homosexuality bill http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/02/church-of-uganda-recommends-amending.html
• The Ugandan Frankenstein we have helped to create http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/02/ugandan-frankenstein-we-have-helped-to.html
• Archbishop of York condemns Ugandan anti-gay bill http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2010/01/archbishop-of-york-condemns-ugandan.html