The Weekly Witness will be brief today since a long one was posted last Monday.
A National Day Of Protest
On Election Day, voters in 4 states [Arizona, Arkansas, California, and Florida] approved discriminatory measures. Thousands of LGBT people and straight allies across the nation--including many Integrity members--are participating in a coordinated series of protest events on Saturday, November 15th. Click here to find the one closest to you!
"I encourage Integrity members to show up and speak up and talk about how to put our righteous indignation into constructive change," said Integrity President Susan Russell when asked about the events. "I'm speaking at Pasadena City Hall and the Diocese of Los Angeles will have a presence at the L.A City Hall."
Other News You May Have Missed
- Canada Anglican to proceed with gay blessing rites
- Clergy back same-sex marriage
- Gay Marriage Demonstrators Move to LA Cathedral, Saddleback Church
- Gay bishop describes struggle for rights
- Obama Consulted Three Times With Bishop Gene Robinson
- Barack Obama asked gay bishop Gene Robinson what it was like to be 'first'
- Schwarzenegger: Proposition 8 fight isn't over
- Prop. 8 passage isn't deterring All Saints rector