More Light Presbyterians
Reports to Executive Director
More Light Presbyterians is a 501(c)3 non-profit religious organization affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA). Founded in 1974, MLP is committed to the achievement of spiritual, ordination and marriage equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons in the Presbyterian Church (USA) and equal rights in civil society.
Following the risen Christ, and seeking to make the Church a true community of hospitality, the mission of More Light Presbyterians is to work for the full participation of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people of faith in the life, ministry and witness of the Presbyterian Church (USA). www.mlp.org
Job Overview and Duties
The MLP Operations Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day administrative operations of More Light Presbyterians. Duties will include:
· Oversight and maintenance of the MLP website in collaboration with board members and staff.
· At the request of the Executive Director, work with the Development Team to create financial and other reports for the Board and staff.
· Develop and implement systems, processes and policies that assure that bylaws, board minutes, relevant financial information, board statements and other official documents and records are accurate, up-to-date, complete and readily available to board members, staff, churches, chapters and individual members.
· Maintain and enhance the donor database
· Provide reminders and support to the Board on projects, board operations and bylaw requirements.
· Maintain board member contact information, committee assignments and responsibilities and terms of service.
· Maintain the SharePoint site which accommodates the online sharing of documents and files needed for the work of the Board and staff.
· Create electronic and hard copy filing systems to assure that historical records are in place and secure.
· Manage and maintain inventory of MLP educational resources and marketing materials.
· Assist with logistics arrangements for conferences, events, board member and staff travel, as requested.
· Arrange shipping for displays, educational resources and other materials as needed.
· Manage registrations for conferences and events. Create spreadsheets, databases, and documents as needed to assist board members in managing conferences and events.
· Revise, update and manage database systems for the Board and staff.
· Coordinate the printing and distribution of MLP mass mailings, including the More Light Update, quarterly appeal letters, and other documents as requested.
· Attend MLP Board meetings and other events as requested by the Executive Director and/or the Board.
· Five years experience in operations management.
· Experience in website management
Required Skills and Knowledge
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· Attention to detail, accuracy and completeness
· Ability to create and maintain efficient work processes and systems
· Website maintenance expertise
· Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite
· Expertise and experience in database development and management
· The ability to work collaboratively with board members and staff
· A solid understanding of financial statements
· Understanding and commitment to LGBT, justice and equality
· Knowledge of the Presbyterian Church is desired
· Sense of humor extremely helpful!
Terms of Employment
Part-time, contract position
Up to 80 hours/month - $25/hour
Application Deadline – September 1, 2009
· Sample websites maintained
· A list of databases developed/managed/maintained
Vikki Dearing, Co-moderator
More Light Presbyterians Board of Directors