Type of Position: Full-Time
Salary: $30,000 - 38,000
Work location : Westport, CT accessible by MetroNorth, minute walk from
The Special Assistant to the Director will assist the Religious Institute in
all aspects of its operation, including administrative tasks, office
management, database management, fundraising, public relations, conference
and travel management, research, publications, and program assistance.
1. Provide all administrative tasks for the office of the Religious
Institute, including office management, word processing, filing, phone
answering, and general clerical assistance to other staff.
2. Maintain the databases of the Religious Institute, including regular
3. Assist in fundraising efforts, including preparation of final
proposals and reports, direct mail letters, donor acknowledgements, and
4. Provide research assistance for projects, travel and conference
management logistical support, website maintenance, and coordinate work with
designers and printers.
5. Participates in project development and implementation as time
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
* Demonstrated commitment to sexual justice
* Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree in public health or
* Experience in not-for-profit agency
Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to take initiative in setting priorities and capacity to
work independently on multiple projects.
2. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
3. Excellent oral communication, editing, and research skills.
4. Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
5. Demonstrated use of MS Office programs and internet search engines.
To apply send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications beginning October 20, 2008 until position filled.