- Contribute to the Anaheim Appeal. We need to raise $80,000 for our presence at General Convention. We're up to $26,000! Watch next week for an exciting announcement!
- Apply to volunteer during General Convention. Although the deadline has past for serving as a full-time volunteer, applications are still being accepted for part-time volunteers.
- Talk to your bishops and deputies about General Convention. Initiate a dialog with them about the issues and report what you learn to Jan Adams. Have you started a dialog with YOUR bishops and deputies?
- Read and report known General Convention resolutions. Many LGBT resolutions are already on the agenda.
- Learn to be a more effective inclusion activist! Attend a "Faith-Based Community Organizing" workshop near you. The next training event is scheduled for May 1-2 in Walnut Creek, California. Click here for more info and to register.
- Show the "Love Makes A Family" exhibit in your parish or diocese. This photo essay is a great resource for changing hearts and minds.
Dear members & friends of Integrity:
In accordance with the recently amended bylaws of Integrity, I am pleased to announce that nominations are now being accepted for the following positions...
- Secretary/Director of Communications
- Vice-President for National Affairs
- Vice-President for Local Affairs
- Stakeholders' Council Chairperson
- Stakeholders' Council Vice-Chairperson
- Province 1 Coordinator
- Province 2 Coordinator
- Province 3 Coordinator
- Province 4 Coordinator
- Province 5 Coordinator
- Province 6 Coordinator
- Province 7 Coordinator
- Province 8 Coordinator
Please prayerfully consider whether you or someone you know might be called to lead our ministry into the next triennium.
Click here for more information and to submit a nomination! The deadline for nominations is Sunday, March 29th.
Voting will occur during May. Elected candidates will take office October 1st.
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions about the nomination or election process.
Joshua Blackwood, Chairperson
Josh is Integrity's network coordinator in the Diocese of Washington.
VOWA Field Test Successful
On Saturday, March 7, a field test of the curriculum that will accompany the "Voices of Witness: Africa" video was held at Trinity Episcopal Church in Fort Worth. Here's a report...
For those of you who were able to attend today's screening, you understand what I mean when I say that it was a success. While we did not have a "standing room only" attendance, we had a nice assembly of individuals from the diocese who openly participated.
The documentary was touching and edited with care. Following the screening, we participated in a trial version of the field test that will soon accompany the documentary as the producers plan on shipping these to all bishops in the Communion hopefully by May of the year.
Because this documentary is still in need of financial support (to pay for shipping costs, possible further editing, etc) we would like to encourage you to pray about how you might be able to support the message of this film with your monetary donation. Even a small gift will help by going to the Integrity USA website (https://secure.groundspring.org/dn/index.php?aid=30549).
Thank you again to all who showed up for this screening.
Board of Integrity/Fort Worth
New Resource: All God's Children
Burrill, Melany, All God's Children: Teaching Children About Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity, [Fort Wayne, IN: LifeQuest, 2009; 20 pp., ISBN 1-893270-48-0].
All God’s Children is an essential guide to open and caring conversations with young children about gender and sexual orientation. You’ll find that this small, user-friendly book addresses your concerns, your questions, and your search for just the right words; it also suggests ideas for sermons and classroom activities. As you read, you’ll learn to model openness, respect, and the affirming belief that everyone, regardless of sexual orientation or gender difference, is a beloved child of God. Anyone who has a loving relationship with young children—parents, family, friends, pastors, Sunday School teachers—will benefit from reading and discussing All God’s Children.
Buy it at http://www.godloveseachone.org/allgodschildren/!
Beckley Register-Herald, WV
Senate poised for vote on homosexual rights bill
WPTZ-BUR (NBC) – Burlington News
Support for same sex union