Action Alerts [and status reports]!
- Contribute to the Anaheim Appeal. We need to raise $80,000 for our presence at General Convention. We're up to $38,000! This week we sent "Marching To Anaheim" packet to all local chapters, diocesan networks, congregations circles, and Proud Parish Partners--encouraging them to hold screening parties.
- Apply to volunteer during General Convention. 30 volunteers have been selected to serve on our core General Convention team. However, applications are still being accepted for part-time volunteers who can pay their own expenses and make their own arrangements..
- Talk to your bishops and deputies about General Convention. Initiate a dialog with them about the issues and report what you learn to Jan Adams. We sent a message to everyone in our database this week asking them to start the dialogs.
- Read and report known General Convention resolutions. Many LGBT resolutions are already on the agenda.
- Learn to be a more effective inclusion activist! Attend a "Faith-Based Community Organizing" workshop near you. Watch for an announcement next week about Integrity hosting one of these workshops!
- Show the "Love Makes A Family" exhibit in your parish or diocese. This photo essay is a great resource for changing hearts and minds.
Integrity USA recently partnered with TransEpiscopal to publish an ad in the April issue of Episcopal Life--which is currently arriving in mailboxes. This ad is part of our pre-General Convention series aimed at bishops and deputies.
Are you called to serve Integrity on the national or provincial level?
Dear members & friends of Integrity:
A couple of weeks ago I announced that nominations were being accepted for the board of directors and provincial coordinators. To date we have 4 candidates...
- President [1 nomination received]
- Secretary/Director of Communications
- Vice-President for National Affairs
- Vice-President for Local Affairs [1 nomination received]
- Stakeholders' Council Chairperson
- Stakeholders' Council Vice-Chairperson
- Province 1 Coordinator
- Province 2 Coordinator
- Province 3 Coordinator
- Province 4 Coordinator
- Province 5 Coordinator
- Province 6 Coordinator
- Province 7 Coordinator [1 nomination received]
- Province 8 Coordinator [1 nomination received]
Please prayerfully consider whether you or someone you know might be called to lead our ministry into the next triennium.
Click here for more information and to submit a nomination! The deadline for nominations is Sunday, March 29th. If there are insufficient volunteers, the nominating committee will begin drafting candidates. Online voting will occur during May. Elected candidates will take office October 1st.
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the nomination or election process.
Joshua Blackwood, Chairperson
Josh is Integrity's network coordinator in the Diocese of Washington.Gene & Susan In Philadelphia At Equality Forum 2009
This week the Equality Forum announced at Gene Robinson and Susan Russell will have significant roles during the April 27-May 3 event....
12th Annual National Religious Colloquy:
Conversation with Bishop Gene Robinson
A Conversation with Bishop Gene Robinson of the Episcopal Diocese of New Hampshire, the first openly gay Episcopal bishop. His ordination led to international debate about the inclusion of gay clergy in the church hierarchy. Bishop Robinson delivered the invocation at President Obama's Lincoln Memorial Inaugural Concert. Facilitated by Rabbi Linda Holtzman, Senior Rabbi of Mishkan Shalom. Tues., April 28, 7-8:15 p.m., Prince Music Theater [More]
5th Annual National Interfaith Service at historic Christ Church
Rev. Susan Russell, national president of Integrity, delivers the sermon and is joined by Cantor David Acker, Congregation Ohev Shalom, Rev. Carol Anthony, Christ Church, Rev. Karla Fleshman, Imago Dei Metropolitan Community Church, Malcolm Lazin, Executive Director, Equality Forum, and the Rainbow Chorale of Delaware, in spiritual celebration at historic Christ Church, the sanctuary where George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Betsy Ross worshiped. Sun., May 3, 5-6 p.m. Christ Church Philadelphia [More]
The Equality Forum also released a video promoting the May 3rd national rally that will be the climax of the week....
NH House endorses gay marriage
NH Approves Gay Marriage; Sends to Senate
God vs. Gay
Bennington Banner, VT
Clergy offer opinions on marriage bill
Religious Leaders Rally to Pass Stalled Civil Unions Bill
The Maui News, HI
Those on each side of civil-unions bill appeal to drivers, lawmakers
Plattsburgh Press Republican
Vermont Senate OKs gay marriage; some fear political repercussions